Brief History of the College
Federal Government Girl’s College Gwandu was established in 1995. The school is located at the western outskirt of Gwandu town in Kebbi State about 45km from Birnin Kebbi highway.
The college took off in 1995 with an initial intake of 200 JSS1 students from different parts of the country since it is a Federal Government institution. Since then the school has grown from strength to strength.
Seven successive principals have been posted to the college since its inception as shown below:
- Hajia Rabiat Haliru (Pioneer Principal) 1995- 1999
- Hajia Aisha Sani Kangiwa (Late) 1999-2006
- Mr. Ajagbe G. Akintola (Ag) 2006- 2008
- Mrs. Hannatu J. Dazi 2008- 2010
- Hajia Jummai K. Habu 2010- 2013
- Barr. Stephen John (Ag) 2013-2014
- Mrs. Zacheus E.F 2014- 2015
- Hajia Hadiza EL- Yakubu 2015- to Date
The college has continued to operate the curriculum approved by the Federal Ministry of Education and has not relented in working towards achieving the goals of secondary education. The curriculum is broad- based and in-line with the National Policy on Education.
The college offers:
- The Junior Secondary School Curriculum which culminates in the Basic Education Certificate.
- The Senior Secondary School Curriculum leading to WASSCE and NECO SSCE.
To produce Girls who are morally upright, educationally sound and self- reliant.
Provision of functional and holistic education, exemplary leadership and dedication to duty.
Federal Government Girls’ College Gwandu
We hail thee our Almamata
My dearest Almamata
Prepare me with the tenderest care
To put the crown of knowledge and wisdom
Ever liberal ever strong
In science, in our pre-vocation
Patrotism, leadership and love
Matching on, with unity
We hail thee our Almamata.
I pledge to FGGC Gwandu my Almamata
To be brilliant, educated and humble
To obey the school rules and regulations
To respect our teachers
So as to take the college to a greater height
So help me God. Amen.